2010 Arkansas Code
18-60-304. Actions constituting unlawful detainer.
Title 18 - Property
Subtitle 5 - Civil Actions
Chapter 60 - Miscellaneous Proceedings Relating to Property
Subchapter 3 - Forcible Entry and Detainer -- Unlawful Detainer
§ 18-60-304 - Actions constituting unlawful detainer.
A person shall be guilty of an unlawful detainer within the meaning of this subchapter if the person shall, willfully and without right:
(1) Hold over any land, tenement, or possession after the determination of the time for which it was demised or let to him or her, or the person under whom he or she claims;
(2) Peaceably and lawfully obtain possession of any land, tenement, or possession and hold it willfully and unlawfully after demand made in writing for the delivery or surrender of possession of the land, tenement, or possession by the person having the right to possession or his or her agent or attorney;
(3) Fail or refuse to pay the rent for the land, tenement, or possession when due, and after three (3) days' notice to quit and demand made in writing for the possession of the land, tenement, or possession by the person entitled to the land, tenement, or possession or his or her agent or attorney, shall refuse to quit possession;
(4) Fail to maintain the premises in a safe, healthy, or habitable condition; or
(5) Cause or permit the premises to become:
(A) A common nuisance subject to abatement under:
(i) Section 14-54-1501 et seq.;
(ii) The Arkansas Drug Abatement Act of 1989, 16-105-401 et seq.; or
(iii) Any other law of this state; or
(B) A public or common nuisance under 14-54-1701 et seq. as determined by a criminal nuisance abatement board.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.