2010 Arkansas Code
18-17-601. Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
Title 18 - Property
Subtitle 2 - Real Property
Chapter 17 - Arkansas Residential Landlord -- Tenant Act of 2007
Subchapter 6 - Tenant Obligations
§ 18-17-601 - Tenant to maintain dwelling unit.
A tenant shall:
(1) Comply with all obligations primarily imposed upon tenants by applicable provisions of building and housing codes materially affecting health and safety;
(2) Keep the dwelling unit and that part of the premises that he or she uses reasonably safe and reasonably clean;
(3) Dispose from his or her dwelling unit all ashes, garbage, rubbish, and other waste in a reasonably clean and safe manner;
(4) Keep all plumbing fixtures in the dwelling unit or used by the tenant reasonably clean;
(5) Use in a reasonable manner all electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, and other facilities and appliances, including elevators in the premises;
(6) Not deliberately or negligently destroy, deface, damage, impair, or remove any part of the premises or knowingly permit any person to do so who is on the premises with the tenant's permission or who is allowed access to the premises by the tenant;
(7) Conduct himself or herself and require other persons on the premises with the tenant's permission or who are allowed access to the premises by the tenant to conduct themselves in a manner that will not disturb other tenant's peaceful enjoyment of the premises; and
(8) Comply with the lease and rules that are enforceable pursuant to this subchapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.