2010 Arkansas Code
Title 15 - Natural Resources and Economic Development
Subtitle 4 - Wildlife Resources
Chapter 42 - Licenses
Subchapter 1 - General Provisions
§ 15-42-123 - Free hunting and fishing licenses for residents on active military duty.

15-42-123. Free hunting and fishing licenses for residents on active military duty.

(a) Every resident of this state who is on active duty in the armed services of the United States and who was a resident of Arkansas at the time that he or she entered the armed services, whether stationed in Arkansas or elsewhere, shall be entitled to receive without charge a license to hunt and a license to fish in this state, upon making application therefor in the manner provided in this section. However, no such license shall be issued to any member of the National Guard unless the National Guard has been mobilized.

(b) Any person who is entitled to obtain a free license to hunt or fish under the provisions of this section may obtain the license by making application to the Arkansas State Game and Fish Commission and furnishing such information as the commission may require concerning the eligibility of the applicant to receive a free license.

(c) Every hunting or fishing license issued without charge pursuant to the provisions of this section shall be in the same form and contain the same information as other licenses issued by the commission, and other information the commission may require, and in addition thereto shall be plainly stamped "MILITARY PERSONNEL". Licenses so issued shall expire on the same dates as other hunting and fishing licenses issued by the commission.

(d) The commission is authorized to promulgate such rules and regulations as it may deem appropriate to properly carry out the purpose and intent of this section.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.