2010 Arkansas Code
12-12-1105. State DNA Data Base.
Title 12 - Law Enforcement, Emergency Management, And Military Affairs
Subtitle 2 - Law Enforcement Agencies And Programs
Chapter 12 - Crime Reporting And Investigations
Subchapter 11 - State Convicted Offender DNA Data Base Act
§ 12-12-1105 - State DNA Data Base.
(a) (1) There is established the State DNA Data Base.
(2) The State Crime Laboratory shall administer the data base and provide DNA records to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for storage and maintenance in CODIS.
(b) The data base shall have the capability provided by computer software and procedures administered by the laboratory to store and maintain DNA records related to:
(1) Crime scene evidence and forensic casework;
(2) Convicted offenders and juveniles adjudicated delinquent who are required to provide a DNA sample under this subchapter;
(3) Offenders who were required to provide a DNA sample under former 12-12-1101 et seq.;
(4) Anonymous DNA records used for forensic validation, quality control, or establishment of a population statistics database;
(5) Unidentified persons or body parts;
(6) Missing persons and biological relatives of missing persons; and
(7) Persons arrested for a felony offense who are required to provide a DNA sample under 12-12-1006.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arkansas may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.