2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-703 Assistance rate credit; form; applicable services; amount; application
46-703. Assistance rate credit; form; applicable services; amount; application
A. The local exchange telephone company shall provide assistance to all recipients determined to be eligible pursuant to section 46-702 in the form of a credit on their telephone bill. Such a credit on the telephone bill shall apply to the following:
1. Flat rate local exchange services.
2. Local exchange access services in measured service circumstances.
3. Local area calling usage limited to an amount that in conjunction with the exchange access service does not exceed the comparable flat rate total.
4. The charge for maintenance of inside wiring.
5. The installation charge for basic service one time during any calendar year.
B. The credit allowed by the telecommunications service assistance program is seventeen per cent of the rate set by the corporation commission for the services in subsection A, either paragraphs 1, 4 and 5 or paragraphs 2 through 5, whichever is applicable, to the services being received by the eligible recipient.
C. The department shall apply for a waiver for the mandated customer access line charges pursuant to the federal communications commission CC docket 78-72, 80-286. Upon receipt of the waiver, the assistance provided by the local exchange telephone company pursuant to subsection A shall include a waiver of the mandated customer access line charge.