2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-402 Definitions
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Absent parent" means the non-custodial natural or adoptive father or mother of a dependent child.
2. " Business day" has the same meaning prescribed in section 25-500.
3. " Court" means any court in this or any other state having jurisdiction to determine the liability of persons for the support of another person.
4. " Court order" means any judgment or order of any court that orders payment of a set or determinable amount of support money.
5. " Department" means the Arizona department of economic security.
6. " Dependent child" means a person under the age of eighteen who is eligible for temporary assistance for needy families as provided in chapter 2, article 5 of this title.
7. " Director" means the director of the department of economic security or the director's designee or authorized representative.
8. " Obligee" has the same meaning prescribed in section 25-500.
9. " Public assistance" or " assistance" means any money payments made by the department that are paid to or for the benefit of any dependent child as provided in chapter 2, article 5 of this title.
10. " State" includes a state, territory or possession of the United States, the District of Columbia and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.
11. " Title IV-D" has the same meaning prescribed in section 25-500.