2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-300.05 Substance abuse treatment
46-300.05. Substance abuse treatment
A. The department of economic security may provide monies appropriated for temporary assistance for needy families to the department of child safety to provide substance abuse treatment pursuant to title 8, chapter 4, article 13. Treatment services for which these monies may be used include:
1. Program development pursuant to section 8-882.
2. Integration of program activities.
3. Provision of unfunded services to provide a recipient a comprehensive treatment program.
4. Evaluation of the effectiveness of treatment services for recipients of the services.
B. Monies provided pursuant to this section:
1. Shall be used to supplement and not to supplant other revenues available for funding substance abuse prevention, treatment and other service needs.
2. Shall not be used for medical treatment.
C. The department of economic security in partnership with the department of health services as joint administrators of the fund shall amend the state plan for temporary assistance for needy families as necessary to use temporary assistance for needy families monies provided in this section.