2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-241 Definitions
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Agent" means a community based organization that is contracted by the department to take applications, determine eligibility and provide short-term services to low income persons through the use of federal and state monies.
2. " Applicant" means a person who is applying for short-term crisis services.
3. " Emergency shelter" means temporary shelter in a hotel, motel or licensed homeless shelter facility.
4. " Federal poverty guideline" means the poverty guidelines that are issued by the United States department of health and human services pursuant to section 673(2) of the omnibus budget reconciliation act of 1981 and that are reported annually in the federal register.
5. " Homeless" means the participant has no permanent place of residence where a lease or mortgage agreement between the participant and the owner exists.
6. " Short-term crisis" means an unplanned incident that causes the loss of monies and that makes the applicant unable to meet the applicant's financial obligations.