2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-192 Identification of services
46-192. Identification of services
A. The department, in conjunction with other state and local government agencies and community organizations and agencies, shall identify those services provided by state departments and agencies that are appropriate services to implement the goal of enabling older Arizonans to maintain the most independence and freedom, avoid institutional care and live in dignity. In addition to existing services, such services may include the following:
1. General information services, including publication of available services, information and referral and outreach.
2. Transportation, including transportation necessary to guarantee access to services.
3. Nutrition, socialization and education.
4. Nonmedical home and community based care including case management, assessment of functional impairment and needed community services, home care, housekeeping chore services, home health aid, personal care, visiting nurse services, adult day care or adult day health, respite care, attendant care and home delivered meals.
5. Physical and mental health services, including inpatient and outpatient care, screening, appliances and supplies, mental health and home health care.
6. Placement services, including nursing homes, supervisory care, personal care, foster care and day care.
7. Protective advocacy and legal services.
8. Education, including senior adult education programs and training and research in the field of aging.
9. Volunteer and leadership development services.
10. Self-support services, including employment services, job development and income maintenance.
B. The department shall develop a basic plan to coordinate the services identified in this section and other appropriate services so as to avoid duplication and increase efficiency.
C. The department of health services, the department of transportation, the Arizona department of education and other appropriate state departments and agencies shall cooperate in coordinating services under the basic plan.
D. The department shall develop a comprehensive agreement by which the personnel and facilities of the department, the department of health services, the department of transportation, the Arizona department of education and other appropriate departments and agencies are utilized in carrying out this article provided that such agreement:
1. Results in more economical performance of duties of those departments and agencies.
2. Allows the department to contract for the services of consultants and agencies, subject to the availability of funding for such purpose.
E. The department may provide information and assist local agencies and organizations that provide services to older Arizonans.
F. The department may, under grant programs, utilize older Americans as staff to implement this article.
G. The integrity of senior citizen participation at all planning and program development levels shall be ensured.
H. The director shall designate an employee within the department to be responsible for the direction, planning, coordination and administration of the department's responsibilities under this article.