2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-191 Definitions
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Adult day care" or " adult day health" means services which provide adults with optimal personal care in a group setting during a portion of a twenty-four hour day. This service provides planned care and supervision, recreation and socialization, personal care, personal living skills training, congregate meals and health monitoring and may include health related services such as preventive, therapeutic and restorative health care.
2. " Attendant care" means a service which provides a trained attendant to provide assistance with homemaking, general supervision and personal care.
3. " Case management services" means the assessment and development of an individualized service plan through which the eligibility of individuals is determined, appropriate services or benefits are identified, planned, reported, monitored or terminated and follow-up is provided if and when appropriate.
4. " Home care services" means services provided to an individual who is functionally impaired and unable to perform activities of daily living. These services include case management, assessment of functional impairment and needed community services, home care, housekeeping chore services, home health aid, personal care, visiting nurse services, adult day care, adult day health, respite care, attendant care and home delivered meals.
5. " Home delivered meals service" means a nutritious meal which contains at least one-third of the recommended dietary allowance for an individual and is delivered to the individual's place of residence.
6. " Home health aid" means services which provide intermittent health maintenance, continued treatment or monitoring of a health condition and supportive care for activities of daily living within the individual's place of residence.
7. " Nonmedical home and community based care system" means a comprehensive, case managed system of care which is provided to a functional person with a disability in the person's home or community and which supports the role of the family and caregivers as a part of the care plan which may include personal care, housekeeper chore services, adult day care, adult day health care, respite care and home delivered meals, as well as health care services which are a necessary, but subordinate, part of the care plan.
8. " Older Arizonan" means a resident of this state who is at least sixty years of age.
9. " Person with a physical disability" means an individual who has a physical impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities and who has a diagnosis of such impairment.
10. " Personal care" means assistance to meet essential personal physical needs.
11. " Respite sitter services" means short-term care and supervision which may be required to be available on a twenty-four hour basis.
12. " Visiting nurse services" means services which provide intermittent skilled nursing services in the individual's place of residence. Skilled nursing services may include health maintenance, continued treatment or supervision of a health condition.