2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-172 Lifespan respite care program; program termination
46-172. Lifespan respite care program; program termination
A. The department shall establish a lifespan respite care program.
B. The lifespan respite care program shall:
1. Establish a respite program for primary caregivers of individuals who do not currently receive other publicly funded respite services.
2. Coordinate with other respite services, including services that are provided pursuant to title 36, chapter 5.1 and sections 36-2939, 36-3407 and 46-193.
3. Support the growth and maintenance of a statewide respite coalition.
4. Conduct a study on the need for respite care throughout the lifespan of individuals.
5. Identify local training resources for respite care providers.
6. Link families with respite care providers and other types of respite caregiver consultants.
7. Create an evaluation tool for recipients of respite care to assure quality of care.
C. The program established by this section ends on July 1, 2025 pursuant to section 41-3102.