2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 46 - Welfare
§ 46-138.01 Public assistance and administration revolving fund
46-138.01. Public assistance and administration revolving fund
A. There is created the permanent public assistance and administration revolving fund in the amount of four hundred thousand dollars for use of the state department for the purpose of disbursing:
1. Initial public assistance payments to those individuals and families newly certified as eligible for one or more public assistance programs contained in this title.
2. Refunds for federal food stamp coupons.
3. Replacements of lost or stolen state warrants or revolving fund payments.
4. Reimbursements for federal food stamp job search clients.
5. Immediate outlays for postage, C.O.D. packages, supplies, travel or other miscellaneous and minor items. No check shall be drawn against the fund unless state or federal funds are available at the time for reimbursing the fund as provided for in subsection C.
B. The fund shall be deposited in a bank checking account in a bank and shall be secured by collateral in the same manner as are state monies. No check drawn against the fund shall be paid unless presented to the bank for payment within ninety days after the date on which it was issued which shall be stated on the face of each check.
C. The director of the department of administration from time to time at the request of the state department shall reimburse the fund for amounts paid for the purposes set forth in subsection A from state appropriated and federal funds respectively available for payment for such purposes. Such reimbursements shall be based upon checks drawn against the fund rather than checks paid by the bank.
D. The manner of accounting for the fund and all procedures relating to disbursement of money from the fund shall be subject to the approval of the department of administration.