2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 44 - Trade and Commerce
§ 44-7008 Provision of information in writing; presentation of records
44-7008. Provision of information in writing; presentation of records
A. If the parties to a transaction have agreed to conduct the transaction by electronic means and a law requires a person to provide, send or deliver information in writing to another person, the requirement is satisfied if the information is provided, sent or delivered, as the case may be, in an electronic record that is capable of retention by the recipient at the time of receipt. An electronic record is not capable of retention by the recipient if the sender or the sender's information processing system inhibits the ability of the recipient to print or store the electronic record.
B. If a law other than this chapter requires a person to post or display a record in a certain manner, to send, communicate or transmit a record by a specified method or to format information in a record in a certain manner, the following requirements apply:
1. The record shall be posted or displayed in the manner prescribed in that law.
2. Except as otherwise provided in subsection D, paragraph 2, the record shall be sent, communicated or transmitted by the method prescribed in that law.
3. The record shall contain the information formatted in the manner prescribed in that law.
C. If a sender inhibits the ability of a recipient to store or print an electronic record, the electronic record is not enforceable against the recipient.
D. The parties to the transaction shall not vary the requirements of this section, except that to the extent a law other than this chapter requires:
1. Information to be provided, sent or delivered in writing but allows that requirement to be varied by agreement, the parties may agree to vary the requirement prescribed in subsection A that the information be in the form of an electronic record capable of retention.
2. A record to be sent, communicated or transmitted by postage prepaid first class mail or regular mail but allows that requirement to be varied by agreement, the parties may agree to vary the requirement to the extent allowed by the other law.