2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 44 - Trade and Commerce
§ 44-1691 Definitions
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Consumer" means an individual.
2. " Consumer reporting agency" means any person which, for monetary fees, dues, or on a cooperative nonprofit basis, regularly engages in whole or in part in the practice of assembling or evaluating consumer credit information on consumers for the purpose of furnishing consumer reports to third parties.
3. " Consumer report" means any written, oral, or other communication of any information by a consumer reporting agency bearing on a consumer's credit worthiness, credit standing, credit capacity, character, general reputation, personal characteristics, or mode of living which is used or expected to be used or collected in whole or in part for the purpose of serving as a factor in establishing the consumer's eligibility for (a) credit or insurance to be used primarily for personal, family, or household purposes, or (b) employment purposes, or (c) other purposes authorized under section 44-1692. The term does not include any report containing information solely as to transactions or experiences between the consumer and the person making the report; or any authorization or approval of a specific extension of credit directly or indirectly by the issuer of a credit card or similar device; or any report in which a person who has been requested by a third party to make a specific extension of credit directly or indirectly to a consumer conveys his decision with respect to such request, if the third party advises the consumer of the name and address of the person to whom the request was made.
4. " Employment purposes" when used in connection with a consumer report means a report used for the purpose of evaluating a consumer for employment, promotion, reassignment or retention as an employee.
5. " File" when used in connection with information on any consumer, means all of the information on that consumer recorded and retained by a consumer reporting agency regardless of how the information is stored.
6. " Person" means an individual, partnership, corporation, association, or any other entity of whatever kind or nature.