2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 44 - Trade and Commerce
§ 44-1443 Application for registration
44-1443. Application for registration
A. Subject to the limitations set forth in this article, any person who is domiciled in this state and who adopts and uses a trademark or service mark, or any person who adopts and uses a trademark or service mark in this state, may file in the office of the secretary of state, on a form to be furnished by the secretary of state, an application for registration of that mark setting forth, but not limited to, the following information:
1. The name and e-mail and business address of the person applying for such registration and, if a corporation, the state of incorporation.
2. The goods or services in connection with which the mark is used, the mode or manner in which the mark is used in connection with such goods or services and the class in which such goods or services fall.
3. The date when the mark was first used anywhere, and the date when it was first used in this state by the applicant or his predecessor in business.
4. A statement that the applicant is the owner of the mark and that no other person has the right to use such mark in this state either in the identical form thereof or in such near resemblance thereto as might be calculated to deceive or to be mistaken therefor.
B. The application shall be:
1. Signed by the applicant, or by a member of the firm or any officer of the corporation or association applying.
2. Accompanied by a specimen or facsimile of such mark in a format specified by the secretary of state by rule.