2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 44 - Trade and Commerce
§ 44-1373.01 Exceptions
This article does not apply to:
1. The use of social security numbers by the department of revenue or by a law enforcement agency of this state or a law enforcement agency of a county, city, town or other political subdivision of this state, except that these agencies must comply with section 44-1373, subsection A, paragraphs 2 and 5.
2. The use of social security numbers by an agency of this state in its administration of employee payroll, employee benefits and workers' compensation matters, except that the agency shall comply with section 44-1373, subsection A, paragraphs 1, 2, 4 and 5.
3. Documents or records that are recorded or required to be open to the public pursuant to the constitution or laws of this state or by court rule or order, and this article does not limit access to these documents or records.
4. An individual s social security number that is printed or caused to be printed on a document by the individual.
5. The use of social security numbers by the industrial commission of Arizona or an interested party as defined in section 23-901, on documents or records related to a workers' compensation claim under title 23, chapter 6, except that the industrial commission or the interested party shall comply with section 44-1373, subsection A, paragraphs 1, 2, 3 and 4.