2017 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 33 - Property
§ 33-2149 Change in use; notices; compensation for moving expenses; payments by the landlord
33-2149. Change in use; notices; compensation for moving expenses; payments by the landlord
For recreational vehicles that are park trailers or park models only:
1. The landlord shall notify the director and all tenants in writing of a change in use at least one hundred eighty days before the change in use. The landlord may not increase rent within ninety days before giving notice of a change in use.
2. The landlord shall inform all tenants in writing about the mobile home relocation fund established by section 33-1476.02.
3. If a tenant is required to move due to a change in use or redevelopment of the park, the tenant may do any of the following:
(a) Collect payment from the mobile home relocation fund for the lesser of the actual moving expenses of relocating the park trailer or park model to a new location that is within a fifty-mile radius of the vacated park or the maximum of four thousand dollars. Moving expenses include the cost of stabilizing, taking down, moving and setting up the park trailer or park model in the new location.
(b) Abandon the park trailer or park model in the park and collect an amount equal to one-fourth of the maximum allowable moving expense for that park trailer or park model from the mobile home relocation fund. To qualify for abandonment payment pursuant to this subdivision, the tenant shall deliver to the landlord the current title to the park trailer or park model with the notarized endorsement of the owner of record together with complete releases of all liens that are shown on the title and proof that all taxes owing have been paid to date. The tenant shall provide a copy of these documents to the Arizona department of housing in support of the tenant's application for payment. If the tenant chooses to abandon the park trailer or park model pursuant to this subdivision, the landlord is exempt from making the payments to the fund prescribed in paragraph 4 of this section.
(c) If a park trailer or park model is relocated to a location outside of the vacated park and, in the sole judgment of the director, the park trailer or park model was ground set in the park from which it was removed, the tenant may collect additional monies not to exceed two thousand five hundred dollars for the incremental costs of removing a ground set park trailer or park model. These monies are in addition to any monies provided pursuant to subdivision (a) of this paragraph.
4. Except as provided in paragraph 3, subdivision (b) and paragraph 6 of this section, if there is a change in use the landlord shall pay two hundred fifty dollars for each park trailer or park model relocated to the fund for each tenant filing for relocation assistance with the director.
5. If a change in use occurs and the landlord does not comply with paragraph 1 of this section, the landlord shall pay to the fund in addition to the monies prescribed in paragraph 4 of this section two hundred fifty dollars for each space occupied by a park trailer or park model.
6. The landlord is not required to make the payments prescribed in paragraphs 4 and 5 of this section for moving a park trailer or park model owned by the landlord or for moving a park trailer or park model under a contract with the tenant if the tenant does not file for relocation assistance with the director.
7. The tenant shall submit a contract for relocation of a park trailer or park model for approval to the director within sixty days after the relocation to be eligible for payment of relocation expenses. The director must approve or disapprove the contract within fifteen days after receipt of the contract, or the contract is deemed to be approved.
8. If the contract is approved, the payment of relocation expenses shall be made to the installer or contractor when both of the following have been completed:
(a) The installer or contractor has obtained valid permits to move the park trailer or park model to a new location.
(b) The installer or contractor provides documentation to the department that the installation of the park trailer or park model at the new location is complete and has been inspected by the department or its designee and is approved for occupancy.
9. If the contract is not approved, the tenant may appeal to an administrative law judge pursuant to title 41, chapter 37, article 5. The tenant shall provide notice pursuant to section 33-2105, subsection I, if the tenant relocates.
10. If this state or a political subdivision of this state exercises eminent domain and the park is sold or a sale is made to this state or a political subdivision of this state that intends to exercise eminent domain, the state or political subdivision is responsible for the relocation costs of the tenants.
11. If a tenant is vacating the premises and has informed the landlord or manager before the change in use notice has been given, the tenant is not eligible for compensation under this section.
12. A person who purchases a park trailer or park model already situated in a park or moves a park trailer or park model into a park in which a change in use notice has been given is not eligible for compensation under this section.
13. This section does not apply to a change in use if the landlord moves a tenant to another space in the park at the landlord's expense.