2014 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 32 - Professions and Occupations
§ 32-574 Unlawful acts; violation; classification
32-574. Unlawful acts; violation; classification
A. A person shall not:
1. Perform or attempt to perform cosmetology, aesthetics or nail technology without a license in that category issued pursuant to this chapter, or practice in a category in which the person does not hold a license.
2. Display a sign or in any way advertise or hold oneself out as a cosmetologist, aesthetician or nail technician or as being engaged in the practice or business of cosmetology, aesthetics or nail technology without being licensed pursuant to this chapter.
3. Knowingly make a false statement on an application for a license pursuant to this chapter.
4. Permit an employee or another person under the person's supervision or control to perform cosmetology, aesthetics or nail technology without a license issued pursuant to this chapter.
5. Practice or attempt to practice cosmetology, aesthetics or nail technology in any place other than in a salon licensed pursuant to this chapter unless the person is requested by a customer to go to a place other than a salon licensed pursuant to this chapter and is sent to the customer from the salon, except that a person who is licensed pursuant to this chapter may practice, without the salon's request, cosmetology, aesthetics or nail technology in a health care facility, hospital, residential care institution, nursing home or residence of a person requiring home care because of an illness, infirmity or disability.
6. Obtain or attempt to obtain a license by the use of money other than the prescribed fees or any other thing of value or by fraudulent misrepresentation.
7. Provide any service to a person having a visible disease, pediculosis or open sores suggesting a communicable disease until the person furnishes a statement signed by a physician licensed pursuant to chapter 13 or 17 of this title stating that the disease or condition is not in an infectious, contagious or communicable stage.
8. Operate a salon or school without being licensed pursuant to this chapter.
9. Violate any provision of this chapter or any rule adopted pursuant to this chapter.
10. Ignore or fail to comply with a board subpoena.
11. Use the title of " aesthetician" , " cosmetologist" or " nail technician" or any other title or term likely to be confused with " aesthetician" , " cosmetologist" or " nail technician" in any advertisement, statement or publication unless that person is licensed pursuant to this chapter.
B. An instructor shall not render cosmetology, aesthetics or nail technology services in a school unless the services are directly incidental to the instruction of students.
C. A person who violates this section is guilty of a class 1 misdemeanor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.