2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-6208 Exempt government property improvements
42-6208. Exempt government property improvements
The tax under this article, section 42-6206, subsection B and section 42-6209, subsection C do not apply with respect to:
1. Property that is used for a governmental activity.
2. Property that is used for public housing.
3. Easements and rights-of-way of railroads and gas, electric, water, pipeline and telephone utilities.
4. Interests in all or any part of a facility that is owned of record by a government lessor and used primarily for athletic, recreational, entertainment, artistic, cultural or convention activities if the interest is used for those activities or activities directly related and incidental to these uses including concession stands.
5. Property that is used for or in connection with aviation, including hangars, tie-downs, aircraft maintenance, sale of aviation related items, charter and rental activities, commercial aircraft terminal franchises, rental car operations, parking facilities and restaurants, stores and other services that are located in a terminal.
6. The use by a commercial airline of the runways and terminal facilities of state, city, town or county airports and public airports operating pursuant to sections 28-8423, 28-8424 and 28-8425.
7. Leases of property or interests in a transportation facility that is constructed or operated pursuant to title 28, chapter 22.
8. Interests in lands held in trust by this state pursuant to title 37, chapter 2, article 1.
9. Interests in property held in trust for an Indian or an Indian tribe by the United States government.
10. Interests in property that is defined as " contractor-acquired property" or " government-furnished property" in the federal acquisition regulations, 48 Code of Federal Regulations section 45.101, and that is owned by the government and used to perform a government contract.
11. Property of a corporation that is organized by or at the direction of a county, city or town to develop, construct, improve, repair, replace or own any property, improvement, building or other facility to be used for public purposes that the county, city or town pledges to lease or lease-purchase with county or municipal special or general revenues.
12. Interests in property used by a chamber of commerce recognized under section 501(c)(6) of the United States internal revenue code if the property is used predominately for those federal tax exempt purposes.
13. Interests in property used by organizations that are exempt from taxation under section 501(c)(3) of the internal revenue code.
14. Interests in parking garages or decks if the parking garages or decks are owned and operated by a government lessor or operated on behalf of a government lessor, by an entity other than the prime lessee, pursuant to a management agreement with the government lessor.
15. Residential rentals if the prime lessee is the occupant.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.