2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-5351 Definitions
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Jet fuel" means crude oil or any fraction of crude oil which is liquid at sixty degrees Fahrenheit and 14.7 pounds per square inch absolute, and petroleum-based substances comprised of a complex blend of hydrocarbons derived from crude oil through processes of separation, conversion, upgrading and finishing, such as motor fuels, residual fuel oils, lubricants, petroleum solvents and used oils when these products are expressly manufactured and blended for the purpose of effectively and efficiently operating jet or turbine powered aircraft.
2. " Person" includes an individual, firm, partnership, joint venture, association, corporation, estate, trust, receiver or syndicate, this state or a county, city, municipality, district or any other political subdivision or agency of this state.
3. " Retail sale" means a sale for any purpose other than a sale for resale in the regular course of business.
4. " Retailer" includes every person engaging or continuing in the business of selling jet fuel for storage, use or other consumption or in the business of selling jet fuel owned by that person or others for storage, use or other consumption. If in the opinion of the department it is necessary for the efficient administration of this article to regard any salesmen, representatives, peddlers or canvassers as the agents of the dealers, distributors, supervisors or employers under whom they operate or from whom they obtain the jet fuel sold by them, regardless of whether they are selling on their own behalf or on behalf of such dealers, distributors, supervisors or employers, the department may so regard them and may regard the dealers, distributors, supervisors or employers as retailers for purposes of this article.
5. " Storage" means keeping or retaining jet fuel purchased from a retailer for any purpose except sale in the regular course of business or subsequent use solely outside this state.
6. " Use or consumption" means the exercise of any right or power over jet fuel incidental to owning the fuel except holding for sale or selling the fuel in the regular course of business.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.