2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-5101 Definitions
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Eligible grocery business" means an establishment that is deemed eligible to participate in the supplemental nutrition assistance program established by the food and nutrition act of 2008 (P.L. 110-246; 122 Stat. 1651; 7 United States Code sections 2011 through 2036a) by the United States department of agriculture food and nutrition service or an establishment that proves to the satisfaction of the department of revenue that, based on the nature of the establishment's food sales, could be eligible to participate in the supplemental nutrition assistance program established by the food and nutrition act of 2008.
2. " Facilities for the consumption of food" means tables, chairs, benches, booths, stools, counters and similar conveniences, trays, glasses, dishes or other tableware and parking areas for the convenience of in-car consumption of food in or on the premises on which the retailer conducts business.
3. " Food" means any food item intended for human consumption that is intended for home consumption as defined by rules adopted by the department pursuant to section 42-5106.
4. " Food for consumption on the premises" includes:
(a) Hot prepared food.
(b) Hot or cold sandwiches.
(c) Food served by an attendant to be eaten at tables, chairs, benches, booths, stools, counters and similar conveniences and within parking areas for the convenience of in-car consumption of food.
(d) Food served with trays, glasses, dishes or other tableware.
(e) Beverages sold in cups, glasses, or open containers.
(f) Food sold by caterers.
(g) Food sold within the premises of theaters, movies, operas, shows of any type or nature, exhibitions, concerts, carnivals, circuses, amusement parks, fairs, races, contests, games, athletic events, rodeos, billiard and pool parlors, bowling alleys, public dances, dance halls, boxing, wrestling and other matches and any business that charges admission, entrance or cover fees for exhibition, amusement or entertainment.
(h) Any items contained in subdivisions (a) through (g) of this paragraph even though they are sold on a take-out or to go basis, and whether or not the item is packaged, is wrapped or is actually taken from the premises.
5. " Hot prepared food" includes those products, items or ingredients of food that are prepared and intended for sale in a heated condition. Hot prepared food includes a combination of hot and cold food items or ingredients if a single price has been established.
6. " Premises" means the total space and facilities in or on which a retailer conducts business and that are owned or controlled, in whole or in part, by a retailer or are made available for the use of customers of the retailer or group of retailers, including any building or part of a building, parking lot or grounds.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.