2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-3371 Levy and collection of tax on cigarettes, cigars and other forms of tobacco
42-3371. Levy and collection of tax on cigarettes, cigars and other forms of tobacco
(Caution: 1998 Prop. 105 applies)
In addition to all other taxes, there is levied and shall be collected by the department in the manner provided by this chapter, on all cigarettes, cigars, smoking tobacco, plug tobacco, snuff and other forms of tobacco the following tax:
1. On each cigarette, four cents.
2. On smoking tobacco, snuff, fine cut chewing tobacco, cut and granulated tobacco, shorts and refuse of fine cut chewing tobacco, and refuse, scrubs, clippings, cuttings and sweepings of tobacco, excluding tobacco powder or tobacco products used exclusively for agricultural or horticultural purposes and unfit for human consumption, 9 cents per ounce or major fraction of an ounce.
3. On all cavendish, plug or twist tobacco, 2.2 cents per ounce or fractional part of an ounce.
4. On each twenty small cigars or fractional part weighing not more than three pounds per thousand, 17.8 cents.
5. On cigars of all descriptions except those included in paragraph 4, made of tobacco or any tobacco substitute:
(a) If manufactured to retail at not more than five cents each, 8.8 cents on each three cigars.
(b) If manufactured to retail at more than five cents each, 8.8 cents on each cigar.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.