2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-17003 Duties
A. The commission shall:
1. Establish procedures for deriving the information required by sections 15-905.01, 15-1461.01 and 42-17107 and article 2 of this chapter.
2. Review the primary property tax levy of each political subdivision to determine violations of sections 15-905.01, 15-1461.01 and 42-17107 and article 2 of this chapter.
3. Review the secondary property tax levy of each fire district to determine violations of section 48-807.
4. Review the reports made by the department concerning valuation accuracy.
5. Hold hearings to determine the adequacy of compliance with articles 2 and 3 of this chapter.
6. Upon the request of a county, city, town or community college district, hold hearings as prescribed in section 42-17004 regarding the calculation of the maximum allowable primary property tax levy limits prescribed in section 42-17051, subsection A.
B. If the commission determines that a political subdivision has violated section 15-905.01, 15-1461.01 or 42-17107 or article 2 of this chapter, or that a fire district has violated section 48-807, then on or before September 15 the commission shall notify the political subdivision or district, and the county board of supervisors, in writing, of:
1. The nature of the violation.
2. The necessary adjustment to:
(a) The primary property tax levy and tax rate to comply with section 15-905.01, 15-1461.01 or 42-17107 or article 2 of this chapter.
(b) The secondary property tax levy and tax rate to comply with section 48-807.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.