2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-17002 Property tax oversight commission
42-17002. Property tax oversight commission
A. The property tax oversight commission is established to:
1. Further the public confidence in property tax limitations.
2. Provide a uniform methodology for determining those limitations.
3. Provide a continuing review of practices for ensuring a fair and equitable administration of the property tax laws.
B. The commission consists of:
1. The director of the department of revenue, who serves as chairman.
2. Four persons who are knowledgeable in the area of property tax assessment and levy, one appointed by the governor and three appointed jointly by the president of the senate and the speaker of the house of representatives. The appointive members' terms are three years.
C. An appointment to fill a vacancy on the commission resulting from other than expiration of a term is for the unexpired portion of the term only.
D. The department shall provide secretarial and staff support services to the commission.
E. The private citizen members of the commission shall receive fifty dollars per day for time spent in performing their duties.
F. The commission shall meet at least annually and, in addition, at the call of the chairman. The commission shall meet at such other times and places as convenient or necessary to conduct its affairs and shall render its findings, reports and recommendations in writing to the governor, to the director of the department of revenue and to the legislature.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.