2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-14308 Assessment, levy and collection of tax
42-14308. Assessment, levy and collection of tax
A. The department shall annually:
1. Enter in its records the full cash value of each private car company in this state as determined under this article.
2. Assess the property as provided by sections 42-12005 and 42-15005.
3. Levy a tax against the values so determined and assessed at a rate that equals the sum of the average rates for primary and secondary property taxes in the taxing jurisdictions in this state for the current year.
4. Collect the taxes that are:
(a) Due and payable on the following October 1.
(b) Delinquent after the following November 1.
5. Deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, the tax revenues in the state general fund.
B. The tax imposed by this section is in lieu of all other taxes on the property and business of private car companies in this state except for the annual license tax and registration fee.
C. Delinquent taxes bear interest at the rate determined pursuant to section 42-1123 for each subsequent month in which the tax remains unpaid.
D. The full cash values that are used for tax purposes pursuant to subsection A of this section are a matter of public record and are not confidential information under chapter 2, article 1 of this title.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.