2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-14101 Definitions
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. " Gas" means:
(a) Natural gas, including casinghead gas.
(b) All other hydrocarbons that are not defined as oil by this section.
(c) Helium and other nonhydrocarbon substances of a gaseous nature.
2. " Geothermal resource" has the same meaning prescribed in section 27-651.
3. " Gross production" means all oil, gas or geothermal resources that are produced and saved except:
(a) Any interest of the United States or this state or of any other person or entity that is exempt under the laws of the United States or the constitution or laws of this state in any oil, gas or geothermal resources or in the proceeds of oil, gas or geothermal resources.
(b) Oil, gas or geothermal resources that are used in producing operations or for repressuring or recycling purposes to develop and operate the producer's interests in oil, gas or geothermal resource wells in this state.
4. " Gross yield" means the amount for which the gross production is sold in the immediate vicinity of the well or, if not sold on the property, the field or posted price or representative market price at the well of oil, gas or geothermal resources that are transported from the property.
5. " Oil" means crude petroleum oil and other hydrocarbons regardless of gravity that are produced at the well in liquid form by ordinary production methods and that are not the result of condensation of gas after it leaves the reservoir.
6. " Produced" , " producing" or " production" means any taking of oil or gas from any land in this state that is under the state's jurisdiction.
7. " Producer" means a person who owns, controls or leases, either as lessor or lessee, or who has any other interest in oil, gas or geothermal resource lands or oil, gas or geothermal resource wells on January 1 of each year if any person produced any oil, gas or geothermal resource in any manner from the lands or wells during the preceding calendar year. Producer includes any person who owns any royalty or other interest in any oil, gas or geothermal resources, or its value, whether produced by that person or by another person on that person's behalf, either by lease, contract or otherwise.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.