2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-13007 Education, training and certification advisory committee
42-13007. Education, training and certification advisory committee
A. The education, training and certification advisory committee is established consisting of the following members:
1. A member of the state board of equalization who is appointed by the chairman of the state board.
2. Three county assessors or deputy county assessors who are appointed by the director.
3. A training coordinator in the property valuation and equalization division of the department who is appointed by the director.
B. The members who are appointed pursuant to subsection A, paragraphs 1 and 2 shall be appointed to one year terms. The training coordinator who serves pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 3 serves at the pleasure of the director, shall serve as secretary to the committee and shall keep written minutes of all committee meetings. The members of the committee shall choose a chairman from among the members. The committee shall meet at least semiannually at a time and place set by the chairman. Additional meetings shall be held on the call of the chairman or at the request of two or more members.
C. The committee shall evaluate:
1. The guidelines proposed by the department for placing persons who apply for admission to the assessor certification program into the proper professional level of certification.
2. The guidelines proposed by the department pertaining to appraisal reports, experience, education or training submitted for credit in the assessor certification program.
3. The curriculum proposed by the department for the assessor certification program.
4. The procedures proposed by the department for grading demonstration appraisal reports, including any graders who are designated for the reports.
5. The form and content of examinations that are given for credit in the assessor certification program.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.