2013 Arizona Revised Statutes
Title 42 - Taxation
§ 42-11118 Exemption for social welfare and quasi-governmental service property; qualifying activities
42-11118. Exemption for social welfare and quasi-governmental service property; qualifying activities
A. Property that is owned by a volunteer nonprofit organization that is recognized under section 501(c)(4) of the internal revenue code or under section 43-1201 and that is operated exclusively to promote social welfare and provide community quasi-governmental services in an unincorporated area of a county is exempt from taxation.
B. To qualify as providing quasi-governmental services under this section, the organization must provide at least six of the following services:
1. Public information and complaint office.
2. Voter registration.
3. Property tax assessment information.
4. Building permit distribution.
5. Resident assistance with deed restrictions and violations.
6. County planning and zoning review.
7. Water resources planning and management.
8. Public safety planning, oversight and maintenance.
9. Government liaison for regional planning activities.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.