2005 Arizona Revised Statutes - Revised Statutes §14-5101 Definitions
In this title, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Incapacitated person" means any person who is impaired by reason of mental illness, mental deficiency, mental disorder, physical illness or disability, chronic use of drugs, chronic intoxication or other cause, except minority, to the extent that he lacks sufficient understanding or capacity to make or communicate responsible decisions concerning his person.
2. "Investigator" means a person who is appointed by the court under section 14-5308.
3. "Physician" means a person licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 13 or 17.
4. "Protected person" means a minor or any other person for whom a conservator has been appointed or any other protective order has been made.
5. "Protective proceeding" means a proceeding under the provisions of section 14-5401 to determine that a person cannot effectively manage or apply his estate to necessary ends, either because he lacks the ability or is otherwise inconvenienced, or because he is a minor, and to secure administration of his estate by a conservator or other appropriate relief.
6. "Psychologist" means a person licensed pursuant to title 32, chapter 19.1.
7. "Registered nurse" has the same meaning as prescribed in section 32-1601.
8. "Ward" means a person for whom a guardian has been appointed. "Minor ward" means a minor for whom a guardian has been appointed solely because of minority.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.