2005 Arizona Revised Statutes - Revised Statutes §13-1603 Criminal littering or polluting; classification
A. A person commits criminal littering or polluting if such person without lawful authority does any of the following:
1. Throws, places, drops or permits to be dropped on public property or property of another which is not a lawful dump any litter, destructive or injurious material which he does not immediately remove.
2. Discharges or permits to be discharged any sewage, oil products or other harmful substances into any waters or onto any shorelines within the state.
3. Dumps any earth, soil, stones, ores or minerals on any land.
B. Criminal littering or polluting is punished as follows:
1. A class 6 felony if a knowing violation of subsection A in which the amount of litter or other prohibited material or substance exceeds three hundred pounds in weight or one hundred cubic feet in volume or is done in any quantity for a commercial purpose.
2. A class 1 misdemeanor if the act is not punishable under paragraph 1 of this subsection and involves placing any destructive or injurious material on or within fifty feet of a highway, beach or shoreline of any body of water used by the public.
3. A class 2 misdemeanor if not punishable under paragraph 1 or 2 of this subsection.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Arizona may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.