2022 Alaska Statutes
Title 45. Trade and Commerce
Chapter 45. Trade Practices
Article 11. Distributorships.
Sec. 45.45.770. Exemptions.
(a) AS 45.45.700 - 45.45.790 do not apply to
(1) a distributorship agreement that would be considered a franchise regulated by 15 U.S.C. 2801 - 2841 (Petroleum Marketing Practices Act);
(2) a situation regulated by AS 45.50.800 - 45.50.850;
(3) a distributorship agreement, including a franchise agreement, for the sale, repair, or servicing of motor vehicles that are required to be registered under AS 28.10;
(4) an activity or agreement by a person licensed under AS 04 if the activity or agreement is within the scope of the license or is incidental to the activity or agreement that is within the scope of the license;
(5) a distributorship agreement or another contract between a person licensed under AS 04 and a distributor, manufacturer, importer, supplier, or wholesaler of alcoholic beverages who is not located in this state if the subject of the agreement or contract is the distribution of alcoholic beverages to the licensed person by the distributor, manufacturer, importer, supplier, or wholesaler;
(6) a distributor, manufacturer, importer, supplier, or wholesaler of alcoholic beverages;
(7) a distributorship agreement for the sale or distribution of, or other transaction involving, cigarettes, food, drink, or a component of food or drink; in this paragraph, “cigarette” has the meaning given in AS 43.50.170;
(8) a manufacturer with 50 or fewer employees; or
(9) a marine product or motorized recreational product agreement under AS 45.27.
(b) In (a) of this section, “alcoholic beverage” has the meaning given in AS 04.21.080.