2022 Alaska Statutes
Title 45. Trade and Commerce
Chapter 45. Trade Practices
Article 11. Distributorships.
Sec. 45.45.750. Prohibited terms.
(a) A distributor may not require a dealer to agree to any of the following terms in a distributorship agreement, or in another agreement that is ancillary to a distributorship agreement, as a condition of an offer, grant, or renewal of a distributorship agreement or ancillary agreement:
(1) a requirement that the dealer waive a trial by jury in court cases involving the distributor;
(2) a requirement that disputes between the distributor and the dealer be submitted to arbitration or to any other binding alternate dispute resolution procedure, except authorization for the submission of a dispute to arbitration or to binding alternative dispute resolution if the distributor and dealer voluntarily agree to submit the dispute to arbitration or binding alternative dispute resolution when the dispute arises;
(3) a requirement that the dealer pay the attorney fees of the distributor;
(4) a requirement that prohibits a firearms dealer from selling firearms or related accessories, the sale of which is otherwise legal, but which the firearms distributor does not manufacture or distribute; or
(5) a requirement that the agreement be subject to the laws of a state other than Alaska.
(b) The provisions of (a) of this section do not apply to an agreement where a lease or sale of real property is the main purpose of the agreement.