2021 Alaska Statutes
Title 47. Welfare, Social Services, and Institutions
Chapter 75. Social Services Planning
Sec. 47.75.010. Purpose.
The purpose of the state plan for social services is to assess the state's needs for existing and new social services, to establish priorities among these needs, and to present an annual implemental plan to meet those needs based upon available state and federal financing with the goals of
(1) achieving or maintaining economic self-support to prevent, reduce, or eliminate dependency;
(2) achieving or maintaining self-sufficiency, including reduction or prevention of dependency;
(3) preventing or remedying neglect, abuse, or exploitation of children and adults unable to protect their own interests, or preserving, rehabilitating, or reuniting families;
(4) preventing or reducing inappropriate institutional care by providing alternative types of care including community-based care, home-based care, or other forms of less intensive care; and
(5) securing referral or admission for institutional care when other forms of care are not appropriate, or providing services to individuals in institutions.