2021 Alaska Statutes
Title 45. Trade and Commerce
Chapter 45. Trade Practices
Article 11. Distributorships.
Sec. 45.45.790. Definitions.
In AS 45.45.700 - 45.45.790,
(1) “dealer” means a person who enters into a distributorship agreement and who, under the agreement, receives merchandise or services from a distributor;
(2) “distributor” means a person who enters into a distributorship agreement and who, under the agreement, provides merchandise or services to a dealer; the term includes
(A) a wholesaler;
(B) a manufacturer;
(C) a person that is a parent corporation or an affiliated corporation of a person identified in (A) or (B) of this paragraph; and
(D) a field representative, an officer, an agent, or another direct or indirect representative of a person identified in (A), (B), or (C) of this paragraph;
(3) “distributorship agreement” means an agreement, whether express, implied, oral, or written, between two or more persons
(A) by which a person receives the right to
(i) sell or lease merchandise or services at retail or wholesale; or
(ii) use a trade name, trademark, service mark, logotype, advertising, or other commercial symbol; and
(B) in which the parties to the agreement have a joint interest, whether equal or unequal, in the offering, selling, or leasing of the merchandise or services;
(4) “merchandise” includes parts and accessories;
(5) “terminate” includes failing to renew.