2020 Alaska Statutes
Title 28. Motor Vehicles
Chapter 39. Snowmobiles
Sec. 28.39.250. Definitions.
In this chapter,
(1) “commissioner” means the commissioner of administration;
(2) “dealer” means a person engaged in the business of selling snowmobiles predominantly for purposes other than resale;
(3) “department” means the Department of Administration;
(4) “operate” means to ride in or on and control the operation of a snowmobile;
(5) “operator” means a person who operates or is in actual physical control of a snowmobile;
(6) “owner” means a person, other than a lienholder, having title to a snowmobile and who is entitled to the use or possession of the snowmobile;
(7) “possession” means physical custody of a snowmobile by an owner of a snowmobile or by an owner of a motor vehicle or trailer on or in which a snowmobile is placed for the purpose of transport;
(8) “retail” means the sale of a snowmobile for any purpose other than resale;
(9) “season” means one calendar year beginning October 1 and ending September 30;
(10) “snowmobile” means a self-propelled vehicle primarily designed or altered for travel on snow or ice when supported in part by skis, belts, or cleats; “snowmobile” does not include machinery used strictly for the grooming of snowmobile trails or ski slopes.