2019 Alaska Statutes
Title 47. Welfare, Social Services, and Institutions
Chapter 05. Administration of Welfare, Social Services, and Institutions
Article 2. Oversight of Medical Care Programs.
Sec. 47.05.290. Definitions.
In AS 47.05.200 - 47.05.290,
(1) “benefit” has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900;
(2) “claim” includes a request for payment for medical assistance services under applicable state or federal law or regulations, whether the request is in an electronic format or paper format or both;
(3) “commissioner” means the commissioner of health and social services;
(4) “department” means the Department of Health and Social Services;
(5) “falsely alters” has the meaning given in AS 11.46.580;
(6) “knowingly” has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900;
(7) “makes a false entry” has the meaning given in AS 11.56.820;
(8) “medical assistance agency” means the department, an agency of the department, and an agent, contractor, or designee of the department or of one of its agencies that performs one or more of the activities of the department or an agency of the department;
(9) “medical assistance program” means a program under AS 47.07 or AS 47.08;
(10) “medical assistance provider” or “provider” means a person or organization that provides, attempts to provide, or claims to have provided services or products to a medical assistance recipient that may qualify for reimbursement under AS 47.07 or AS 47.08 or a person or organization that participates in or has applied to participate in a medical assistance program as a supplier of a service or product;
(11) “medical assistance recipient” means a person on whose behalf another claims or receives a payment from a medical assistance agency, without regard to whether the individual was eligible for benefits under a medical assistance program;
(12) “medical assistance record” means records required to be kept by state or federal law or regulation regarding claims to a medical assistance agency;
(13) “organization” has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900;
(14) “person” has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900;
(15) “property” has the meaning given in AS 11.81.900;
(16) “reckless disregard” means acting recklessly, as that term is defined in AS 11.81.900;
(17) “services” or “medical assistance services” means a health care benefit that may qualify for reimbursement under AS 47.07 or AS 47.08, including health care benefits provided, attempted to be provided, or claimed to have been provided to another, by a medical assistance provider, or “services” as defined in AS 11.81.900;
(18) “unconditional discharge” has the meaning given in AS 12.55.185.