2019 Alaska Statutes
Title 45. Trade and Commerce
Chapter 63. Telephonic Solicitations
Sec. 45.63.100. Definitions.
In this chapter,
(1) “buyer” means a person who buys from or is solicited by a seller by telephonic means;
(2) “department” means the Department of Law;
(3) “notice of intent” means the notice of intent required by AS 45.63.010 to engage in a solicitation campaign;
(4) “solicitation campaign” means a sale or attempt to sell property or services by telephonic means by making substantially the same offer on substantially the same terms to two or more persons;
(5) “telephone seller” means a person who is required to be registered under AS 45.63.010;
(6) “telephonic means” means a telephone or another method using telephone lines, and includes a facsimile machine and electronic communication between electronic computing devices; “telephonic means” includes a letter, postcard, notice, or other written communication advising, requesting, motivating, or otherwise encouraging a person to contact a seller by telephonic means.