2019 Alaska Statutes
Title 45. Trade and Commerce
Chapter 02. Sales
Article 5. Performance.
Sec. 45.02.503. Manner of seller's tender of delivery.
(a) Tender of delivery requires that the seller put and hold conforming goods at the buyer's disposition and give the buyer any notification reasonably necessary to enable the buyer to take delivery. The manner, time, and place for tender are determined by the agreement and this chapter, and, in particular,
(1) tender must be at a reasonable hour and, if it is of goods, they must be kept available for the period reasonably necessary to enable the buyer to take possession; but
(2) unless otherwise agreed, the buyer must furnish facilities reasonably suited to the receipt of the goods.
(b) If the case is within AS 45.02.504 respecting shipment, tender requires that the seller comply with its provisions.
(c) If the seller is required to deliver at a particular destination, tender requires that the seller comply with (a) of this section and also in an appropriate case tender documents as described in (d) and (e) of this section.
(d) If goods are in the possession of a bailee and are to be delivered without being moved,
(1) tender requires that the seller either tender a negotiable document of title covering the goods or procure acknowledgment by the bailee of the buyer's right to possession of the goods; but
(2) tender to the buyer of a nonnegotiable document of title or of a record directing the bailee to deliver is sufficient tender unless the buyer seasonably objects, and, except as otherwise provided in AS 45.29, receipt by the bailee of notification of the buyer's rights fixes those rights as against the bailee and all third persons; but risk of loss of the goods and of a failure by the bailee to honor the nonnegotiable document of title or to obey the direction remains on the seller until the buyer has had a reasonable time to present the document or direction, and a refusal by the bailee to honor the document or to obey the direction defeats the tender.
(e) If the contract requires the seller to deliver documents,
(1) the seller must tender all such documents in correct form except as provided in AS 45.02.323(b) with respect to bills of lading in a set; and
(2) tender through customary banking channels is sufficient, and dishonor of a draft accompanying or associated with the documents constitutes nonacceptance or rejection.