2019 Alaska Statutes
Title 3. Agriculture, Animals, and Food
Chapter 10. Alaska Agricultural Loan Act
Sec. 03.10.020. Powers of the board.

Universal Citation: AK Stat § 03.10.020 (2019)

(a) The Board of Agriculture and Conservation (AS 03.09.010) may

(1) make a loan to

(A) an individual resident farmer, homesteader, or a partnership or corporation composed of farmers and homesteaders for

(i) clearing land for agricultural purposes;

(ii) development of farms;

(iii) storage and processing of farm produce; or

(iv) the purchase of livestock or machinery;

(B) an individual state resident, or a partnership or corporation for

(i) storage and processing plants for agricultural products;

(ii) the commercial production or processing of horticultural products in the state;

(iii) the commercial production or processing of animal feed in the state; or

(iv) the raising or care of animals in the state for the purpose of marketing their fur;

(2) designate agents and delegate its powers to them as necessary;

(3) adopt regulations necessary to carry out its functions, including regulations to establish reasonable fees for services provided and charges for collecting the fees;

(4) establish amortization plans for repayment of loans, which may include delayed payments of principal and interest for not to exceed five years;

(5) enter into agreements with private lending institutions, other state agencies, or agencies of the federal government to carry out the purposes of this chapter;

(6) collect the fees and collection charges established under this subsection.

(b) In this section, “horticultural products” means vegetables, fruit plants, grass seed, sod, tree seedlings, ornamental plants, foliage, or flowering plants, grown in a greenhouse or nursery.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.