2019 Alaska Statutes
Title 27. Mining
Chapter 09. Mining Loan Fund
Sec. 27.09.060. Definitions.
In this chapter,
(1) “advanced mineral exploration” means the investigation of a known mineral deposit to gain knowledge of its size, shape, and value, and to determine whether it is feasible for mining, by the use of geophysical surveys, boreholes, pits, or underground workings;
(2) “date of mineral production” means the date on which the first shipment of products from mining operations is made;
(3) “department” means the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development;
(4) “development” means the preparation of a proven mineral deposit for mining;
(5) “fund” means the mining loan fund;
(6) “mining” means the extraction of ore and the preparation of a mineral product for market.