2019 Alaska Statutes
Title 15. Elections
Chapter 13. State Election Campaigns
Sec. 15.13.030. Duties of the commission.
The commission shall
(1) develop and provide all forms for the reports and statements required to be made under this chapter, AS 24.45, and AS 39.50;
(2) prepare and publish a manual setting out uniform methods of bookkeeping and reporting for use by persons required to make reports and statements under this chapter and otherwise assist all persons in complying with the requirements of this chapter;
(3) receive and hold open for public inspection reports and statements required to be made under this chapter and, upon request, furnish copies at cost to interested persons;
(4) compile and maintain a current list of all filed reports and statements;
(5) prepare a summary of each report filed under AS 15.13.110 and make copies of this summary available to interested persons at their actual cost;
(6) notify, by registered or certified mail, all persons who are delinquent in filing reports and statements required to be made under this chapter;
(7) examine, investigate, and compare all reports, statements, and actions required by this chapter, AS 24.45, and AS 39.50;
(8) prepare and publish a biennial report concerning the activities of the commission, the effectiveness of this chapter, its enforcement by the attorney general's office, and recommendations and proposals for change; the commission shall notify the legislature that the report is available;
(9) adopt regulations necessary to implement and clarify the provisions of AS 24.45, AS 39.50, and this chapter, subject to the provisions of AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act); and
(10) consider a written request for an advisory opinion concerning the application of this chapter, AS 24.45, AS 24.60.200 - 24.60.260, or AS 39.50.