2019 Alaska Statutes
Title 13. Decedents' Estates, Guardianships, Transfers, Trusts, and Health Care Decisions
Chapter 27. Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings Jurisdiction Act
Article 1. Application; Cooperation between Courts.
Sec. 13.27.030. Cooperation between courts.
(a) In a guardianship or protective proceeding in this state, a court may request the appropriate court of another state to
(1) hold an evidentiary hearing;
(2) order a person in that state to produce evidence or give testimony under procedures of that state;
(3) order that an evaluation or assessment be made of the respondent;
(4) order any appropriate investigation of a person involved in a proceeding;
(5) forward to the court a certified copy of the transcript or other record of a hearing under (1) of this subsection or any other proceeding, any evidence otherwise produced under (2) of this subsection, and any evaluation or assessment prepared in compliance with an order under (3) or (4) of this subsection;
(6) issue any order necessary to assure the appearance in the proceeding of a person whose presence is necessary for the court to make a determination, including the respondent or the incapacitated or protected person;
(7) issue an order authorizing the release of medical, financial, criminal, or other relevant information in that state, including protected health information as defined in 45 C.F.R. 160.103, as amended.
(b) If a court of another state in which a guardianship or protective proceeding is pending requests assistance of the kind provided in (a) of this section, a court of this state has jurisdiction for the limited purpose of granting the request or making reasonable efforts to comply with the request.