2018 Alaska Statutes
Title 18. Health, Safety, Housing, Human Rights, and Public Defender
Chapter 08. Emergency Medical Services
Sec. 18.08.030. Composition.
The council consists of 11 members appointed by the governor. The governor shall provide for appropriate geographical distribution in the appointments and shall appoint
(1) two members who are physicians with experience in emergency medicine or trauma care;
(2) one member who is a registered nurse with experience in emergency nursing;
(3) three members who are active as prehospital emergency care providers, at least one of whom resides in a community that is not connected by land or marine highway, or a combination of land and marine highway, to a community in which a hospital is located; in this paragraph, “highway” has the meaning given in AS 28.90.990;
(4) one member who is an emergency medical services administrator;
(5) one member who is an administrator of a hospital or Native health care organization; and
(6) three members who are consumers of emergency medical services who each reside in a different judicial district in the state.