2017 Alaska Statutes
Title 28. Motor Vehicles
Chapter 01. Alaska Uniform Traffic Laws Act
Sec. 28.01.015. Municipal impoundment and forfeiture.
(a) Notwithstanding other provisions in this title, a municipality may adopt an ordinance providing for the impoundment or forfeiture of a
(1) motor vehicle, watercraft, or aircraft involved in the commission of an offense under AS 28.35.030, 28.35.032, or an ordinance with elements substantially similar to AS 28.35.030 or 28.35.032;
(2) motor vehicle involved in the commission of an offense under AS 28.15.291 or an ordinance with elements similar to AS 28.15.291;
(3) motor vehicle used by a person whose license is suspended under AS 28.22.041;
(4) motor vehicle used by a person who fails to carry proof of insurance as required under AS 28.22.019; or
(5) motor vehicle used by a person who has $1,000 or more in delinquent traffic fines for moving violations committed within the municipality.
(b) An ordinance adopted under (a) of this section may
(1) include a fee for the administrative costs incurred by the municipality; and
(2) be more stringent than or the same as but may not be less stringent than applicable provisions under this title or regulations adopted under this title.