2016 Alaska Statutes
Title 14 - EDUCATION, LIBRARIES, AND MUSEUMS
Chapter 14.48 - REGULATION OF POSTSECONDARY EDUCATIONAL INSTITUTIONS
Sec. 14.48.020 Authorization and permits required.
A person may not
(1) operate a postsecondary educational institution in the state unless the institution has a valid authorization to operate issued under this chapter or is exempt from the provisions of this chapter;
(2) offer itself or through an agent enrollment or instruction in, or the granting of educational credentials from, a postsecondary educational institution, whether the institution is in or outside the state, unless the agent is a natural person and has a currently valid agent's permit issued under this chapter or is exempt from the provisions of this chapter;
(3) accept contracts or enrollment applications of prospective students from an agent who does not have a current permit as required by this chapter; however, the commission may adopt regulations to permit the rendering of legitimate public information services without the permit;
(4) instruct or educate, or offer to instruct or educate, enroll or offer to enroll, contract or offer to contract or award an educational credential, or contract with an institution or person to do so, in or outside the state, unless that person is in compliance with the minimum standards set out in AS 14.48.060 , the criteria established by the commission under AS 14.48.050 (1), and the regulations adopted by the commission under AS 14.48.050 (7);
(5) use the term "university" or "college" without authorization to do so from the commission;
(6) grant, or offer to grant, educational credentials, without authorization to do so from the commission.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.