2016 Alaska Statutes
Title 14 - EDUCATION, LIBRARIES, AND MUSEUMS
Chapter 14.35 - VOCATIONAL EDUCATION
Sec. 14.35.020 Duties of state Board of Education and Early Development.
(a) The state Board of Education and Early Development serves as the state board for the purposes of any of the Acts described in AS 14.35.010.
(b) When required by any of the Acts described in AS 14.35.010 , the board shall
(1) prepare, submit, and supervise the administration of the plans for vocational education;
(2) select a state director of vocational education;
(3) establish the minimum qualifications for teachers, supervisors, or directors;
(4) determine the prorated basis on which money shall be available for the salary and necessary travel expenses of the state director of vocational education;
(5) consider the advice of the Alaska Workforce Investment Board established by AS 23.15.550 regarding employment training needs and advise that board in the development of vocational education programs.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed to repeal or modify any existing statute.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.