2016 Alaska Statutes
Title 09 - CODE OF CIVIL PROCEDURE
Chapter 09.65 - ACTIONS, IMMUNITIES, DEFENSES, AND DUTIES
Sec. 09.65.170 Limited liability of certain directors and officers.
(a) Unless the act or omission constituted gross negligence, a person may not recover tort damages for personal injury, death, or damage to property for an act or omission to act in the course and scope of official duties, from one of the following:
(1) a member of the board of directors or an officer of a nonprofit corporation;
(2) a member of the board of directors of a public or nonprofit hospital, or a member of a citizen's advisory board of any hospital;
(3) a member of a school board of a school district;
(4) a member of the governing body, a commission, or a citizen's advisory committee of a municipality of the state;
(5) a member of the board of directors, an officer, or an employee of a regional development organization.
(b) Notwithstanding (a) of this section, the duties and liabilities of a director or officer of a nonprofit corporation to the corporation or the corporation's shareholders may not be limited or modified.
(c) In this section,
(1) "nonprofit corporation" means a corporation that qualifies for exemption from taxation under 26 U.S.C. 501(c)(3) or (4) (Internal Revenue Code);
(2) "regional development organization" means a nonprofit organization or nonprofit corporation formed to encourage economic development within a particular region of the state that includes the entire area of each municipality within that region and that has a board of directors that represents the region's economic, political, and social interests.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.