2015 Alaska Statutes
Title 44 - STATE GOVERNMENT
Chapter 44.25 - DEPARTMENT OF REVENUE
Article 02 - BOND PROGRAM FOR FISH PROCESSORS AND PRIMARY FISH BUYERS
Sec. 44.25.048 Definitions for surety bond program.
In AS 44.25.040 - 44.25.048, unless the context otherwise requires,
(1) "commissioner" means the commissioner of revenue;
(2) "established fish market" means a market maintained in a permanent structure exclusively for the sale of seafood to the public at retail;
(3) "fish" means any species of aquatic finfish, invertebrates and amphibians, shellfish, or any other raw fishery resource, in any stage of its life cycle, found in or introduced into the state, and includes fish eggs except fish eggs sold for stock enhancement purposes;
(4) "fish processor" means a person engaging or attempting to engage in a business for which a license is required under AS 43.75;
(5) "grocery store" means a store maintained for the sale of food products exclusively to the public at retail;
(6) "primary fish buyer" means a person, other than a cooperative corporation organized under AS 10.15, engaging or attempting to engage in the business of originally purchasing or buying any fishery resource in intrastate, interstate, or foreign commerce;
(7) "restaurant" includes a place maintained for the sale and on-premise consumption of food, and a street vendor who sells food prepared for immediate consumption.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.