2015 Alaska Statutes
Title 17 - FOOD AND DRUGS
Chapter 17.38 - THE REGULATION OF MARIJUANA
Sec. 17.38.020 Personal use of marijuana..
Notwithstanding any other provision of law, except as otherwise provided in this chapter, the following acts, by persons 21 years of age or older, are lawful and shall not be a criminal or civil offense under Alaska law or the law of any political subdivision of Alaska or be a basis for seizure or forfeiture of assets under Alaska law:
(1) possessing, using, displaying, purchasing, or transporting marijuana accessories or one ounce or less of marijuana;
(2) possessing, growing, processing, or transporting no more than six marijuana plants, with three or fewer being mature, flowering plants, and possession of the marijuana produced by the plants on the premises where the plants were grown;
(3) transferring one ounce or less of marijuana and up to six immature marijuana plants to a person who is 21 years of age or older without remuneration;
(4) consumption of marijuana, except that nothing in this chapter shall permit the consumption of marijuana in public; and
(5) assisting another person who is 21 years of age or older in any of the acts described in (1) - (4) of this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.