2015 Alaska Statutes
Title 14 - EDUCATION, LIBRARIES, AND MUSEUMS
Chapter 14.30 - PUPILS AND EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMS FOR PUPILS
Article 06A - SEXUAL ABUSE AND SEXUAL ASSAULT AWARENESS AND PREVENTION
Sec. 14.30.355 Sexual abuse and sexual assault awareness and prevention [Effective June 30, 2017].
(a) The governing body of each school district shall adopt and implement a policy, establish a training program for employees and students, and provide parent notices relating to sexual abuse and sexual assault awareness and prevention for students enrolled in grades kindergarten through 12.
(b) The policy, training, and notices adopted under this section must include
(1) age-appropriate information;
(2) warning signs of sexual abuse of a child;
(3) referral and resource information;
(4) available student counseling and educational support;
(5) methods for increasing teacher, student, and parent awareness of issues regarding sexual abuse of children;
(6) actions that a child may take to prevent and report sexual abuse or sexual assault; and
(7) a procedure allowing a student to be excused from participating in training or from receiving notices under this section at the written request of a parent or guardian of the student, or of the student if the student is emancipated or 18 years of age or older.
(c) The training required for teachers under this section may be provided as a part of the continuing education required under AS 18.66.310.
(d) In this section,
(1) "school district" has the meaning given in AS 14.30.350 ;
(2) "sexual abuse" or "sexual assault" has the meaning given to "sexual abuse" in AS 47.10.990 .
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Alaska may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.